About two weeks ago Mitch and I went to the Animal Defense League, a no kill shelter in San Antonio. This place has so many cats that it can be hard to choose. Or rather impossible to choose when you want one cat and your significant other wants a different cat. So you don't choose and get them both. Yet another problem solved, but then this blog post becomes about two cats rather than one.
Meet white cat--
And meet black cat--
White cat is a 3 year old male cat, who was previously feral. He is probably the laziest cat I've met and I lived with a cat named Fatty. He sleeps at least 18 hours a day. At least. It has also led me to the conclusion that the saying "I slept like a baby" needs to be changed to "I slept like a cat," since this would be the best night of sleep any human could possibly have.
Black cat is about an 11 week old female short hair and is the one I chose. She is more cuddly than white cat but only during the day. At night, it's a different story. Last night she thought that my face was simply an extension of the mattress while I was sleeping and was walking all over it. Mitch, who was still awake, was definitely entertained. Also, black cat is a bit of a magician but we haven't videotaped her yet so you will all just have to wait on that one.
We have been lucky and they kind of really adore each other. They fight and love just like siblings.
Haha I loved this. For names Cols says any breakfast food item, pancakes... I voted bear.... just like the last time when D had kittens. Orrrr Mr. Air.
ReplyDelete