So I have been going to optometry school for the past two weeks and its been crazy, in a good way. Its weird going to school and having class with the same people every day, definitely a change from undergrad. By far the worst change is having class at 8 most mornings but, to my credit, I have yet to be late. The classes themselves are really interesting, to me at least, but a lot of work is going to go into understanding some of the things my profs are talking about.
The books (above) I had to get for school were numerous but they have such fun titles, like Borish's Clinical Refraction. For some reason this makes me think of books that Harry Potter would have to get for school, but unfortunately no wizardry in my classes.

Every time I print off lecture notes, I feel like I'm personally chopping down a small tree. My guilt, though, loses to my idea that printing the lectures will automatically make me a better student. I'll let you know the results at the end of the semester. All in all, its been really exciting to be in school and know that this is what I really want to do. Everything that I'm learning is going to make me the best optometrist I can be, which I love. And yes, you all will get free eye exams when I'm licensed, no worries!
I'm going to take a screen shot of that last sentence...just for proof in the future! :)
ReplyDelete